I know we have a responsibility to take care of those who have served in our military. As the proud daughter of a Vietnam veteran who depends on the VA healthcare system, I will fight back against any attempt to privatize the VA and take care away from our veterans. I will ensure our veterans have the best physical and mental health care, housing assistance.
- Oppose and reverse the efforts to privatize the VA healthcare system
- Increase funding for the VA system
- Improve access for rural areas by increasing the number of care providers, including virtual meeting and mobile care unit options
- Hire staff to fill vacant positions in the VA system, and improve staff retention
- Improve advocacy for new members to help them access all their care options
- Reduce suicide through peer and group programs, and emergency counseling
- Improve access to career and technical education, and career counseling