I grew up in a family that safely and responsibly used firearms, and I am a gun owner. I respect farmers, ranchers, and sports enthusiasts right to own firearms. Yet every American can agree that no one wants innocent lives taken at the when guns get into the wrong hands, and there are things we can do at a federal level to keep our kids safe at schools.
- Work with gun owners and sporting associations to promote responsible gun ownership and safety education
- Enforce universal background checks for the purchase of firearms, without exception
- Ban bump stocks and binary triggers
- Expand Gun Violence Protection Orders - where family members can get a court order to have firearms removed if they are concerned that a loved one will commit a violent crime
- Close the gun show loophole on the federal level